Careers in Cyber Security are becoming increasingly popular in Pakistan due to the advancement of information technology. Every day, we meet with people who are interested in and employ information security.
Students and recent graduates who have heard of information security and desire to pursue a career in it. Professionals and recent graduates alike should use this guide article.
You will read all the information you need about information security jobs in Pakistan, including its scope, management practices, requirements, career prospects, education requirements, and skills required. Find a niche for your goals and keep them in mind.
What is Cyber Security?
Cyber security is the practice of protecting computers, servers, mobile devices, electronic systems, networks, and data against malicious attacks. It is also known as information technology security or electronic information security. The term is applied in a variety of contexts, from business to mobile computing, and can be broken down into a few general categories.
- Network security is the process of protecting a computer network against intruders, whether targeted attackers or opportunistic malware.
- Application security focuses on keeping the software and devices free from threats. A compromised application could provide access to the data it is designed to protect.
- Information security protects the integrity and privacy of data, both in storage and in transit.
- Operational security includes the processes and decisions for managing and protecting data assets.
- End-user education addresses the most unpredictable element of cybersecurity, people. Anyone can accidentally introduce a virus into another protected system by failing to follow good security practices.
- Cloud Security is software-based tool prevents data corruption and deals with threats against on-premise threats.
Importance of Cyber Security
Cybercrime has become one of the fastest growing crimes due to the increasing exposure of information on the internet. While devices and networks are widely affected, preventing identity theft is not the only objective. Data integrity protection is equally important.
Cybercriminals are becoming more and more sophisticated, and it is important to understand their changing targets, their methods and their impact on organizations. Since everyone who uses the Internet is at risk, cyber security has inevitably become an integral part of our systems.
Career & Scope in Pakistan
Hackers from rival countries hack their rival country’s websites and accounts. They consider it to be a national duty. Some international powers are also patronizing professional hackers. No one on the Internet is safe from hackers.
This is the reason that information security experts are in high demand in all countries of the world. Information security has become the best specialization field for software engineers and developers. It is a highly paying profession.
Many websites offer high rewards to individuals who identify vulnerabilities in their security systems. Banks, financial organizations and online business companies also hire information security specialists.
Cyber crime units of various investigative agencies like FIA, Police, Intelligence agencies can also hire you. Cyber security teachers are in high demand across the globe.
Benefits, Jobs, Salary & Tips for Security Experts
|Monthly Salary||Average Hourly||Yearly Salary|
|Rs 2,00,000||Rs 1000||Rs 24,00,000|
Cyber security is one of the most complex yet exciting fields in computer science. All ecommerce websites need to hire you. There are an infinite number of such sites in all countries of the world.
This is the field of computer geniuses, who like to take on challenges. Being a student in an ever-changing field requires you to stay in touch with the latest developments in your major and all related disciplines.
It is a fact that software project management and information security are two of the best areas of specialization for software engineers and developers. There is more scope in information security than software project management.
Many government websites are hacked every year by Indian and radical elements of our society. Many international intelligence agencies like RA CIA, Mossad, Khad and MI6 are also trying to access our national database.
Therefore, we need a large number of information security experts. This is the field that can make you the Cyber Soldier of Pakistan. Counter-hecking is not a crime as it is a reaction to an action.
Professional hackers will also approach you, but I can assure you that you can make more money as an information security specialist. Julian Assange must be your role model in this area.
Yes, sometimes you will have to hack the websites of negative organizations because of having experience about the weak points of different types of websites, so that you can be able to cope with the latest hacking techniques.
Universities for BS Cyber Security in Pakistan
Of course, we must be reading about BS Cyber Security in Pakistan. And there is more scope for this degree in next 5-10 years. You will be selected among the top tech firms in Pakistan.
You can also work abroad if you get a thorough grasp of cyber security. This topic is so vast that it requires hours of learning. Below we will mention the list of colleges and universities in Pakistan offering BS Cyber Security in Pakistan.
- National University Of Computer And Emerging Sciences
- The Islamia University Of Bahawalpur
- Air University Islamabad
- Khawaja Fareed University Of Engineering & Information Technology
- Comsats University, Islamabad
- Quaid-e-Azam University Of Engineering, Sciences & Technology
- Jinnah University For Women
- Riphah International University
- University Of Management And Technology