Starting a blog in 2022 can be a great idea because with the help of blogging you can express your thoughts and share anything with the world. Also, if you are wise in this field, you can earn a reasonable income from it.
Every day, millions of articles/posts/stories are published on the web, and more than 200,000 new blogs are created. This means that more than two new blogs are published every second.
Isn’t that amazing? Many blogs are turning a blind eye to different topics every day, and many of them have become world-famous. So, now it’s your turn!
So, if you are new to blogging and plan to start a blog for free then you are at the right place. In this post, I will show you how to create a blog on Blogger.com (Google’s blogging platform).
Follow the given steps to create a great blog
Before we get started, let me tell you some interesting facts about Google Blogger.
What is Google Blogger?
Blogger.com is Google’s blogging platform where you can create a free blog with a blogspot.com subdomain (e.g., yourblogname.blogspot.com) or you can create a domain for your best website (always Recommended (can buy) for example, www.yourdomain.com)
Benefits of starting a blog Blogger.com
Getting started with Google Blogspot is easy, and you don’t need any professional skills to run your blog.
Google owns the platform, so you have that trust. Blogger is free for everyone, and they never ask for a penny.
Although there are many free blogging platforms available on the web (such as WordPress, Weble, Wax, Tumblr, and others), Blogger.com is the winner when it comes to the freedom and features offered.
There you can set up your custom domain with the free blogspot.com subdomain. Blog post publishing and administration system are very easy to use.
You can create a free SSL certificate for your blog (just by turning on HTTPS) Blogger now offers HTTPS versions of both types of sites, so it doesn’t matter if you have their blogspot.com subdomain or use your custom domain.
They provide easy and responsive templates for free and also allow you to upload your theme. There are many free and premium blogger templates available on the web, so you can install and customize them to your liking.
Some great features, such as template editor, template designer, and layout editor, are very useful. With the help of the template editor, you can edit the code of your theme and customize it to your liking. Layout Editor lets you just drag and drop different widgets to different places on your blog.
The communication system is also good. You can use its default comment system or easily configure Facebook, Discs, and Google Plus comments.
Blogger Post Editor provides all the necessary tools to write a great blog post. It allows you to edit or modify your article, search description, labels, location, custom permalink, custom robot tags, image ALT tags, blog post scheduling, errors and redirects, and more.
You can easily make money from your site unlike other platforms like Google AdSense and other programs like affiliate marketing.
Blogger.com is a Content Management System
Like any other CMS (Content Management System), Google Blogger lets you back up your data. So, if something goes wrong with your site, you can restore it with your backup.
Also later, if you want to switch to other platforms (such as WordPress, Wix, Wi-Fi) then using their plugins, you can easily switch to them without losing anything.
So, I hope you now understand why starting a blog on Blogger.com is good for you.
Well, now let’s see how you can start your blog with a blogger using our step-by-step guide below.
Create an Account and Profile in Blogger
You need a Google Account to access your Blogger.
Sign up for a Google Account
Sign up for Gmail or any Google product just to get ahead. If you already have an account, skip the steps and login into your account.
Sign in to your Blogger account
Go to the Blogger.com homepage and then sign in to your account using your Google Account or Gmail.
Choose a blogger profile
Once you’ve signed in to your Blogger account, for the first time, it will ask you to create a profile for your Blogger blogs. You can choose your Google Plus profile or BlogSpot profile. So, select any of them and then move on to the next step (I would recommend you choose the Google Plus profile).
Create your blog
You will now see Blogger’s Dashboard, and like the icon I provided, you can choose “New Blog” or “Create New Blog” to start creating your blog.
Choose your blog title, address, and theme
After clicking on the ‘Create New Blog’ option, a new window will open like the screenshot below, and there you will need to fill in the details. Now enter your blog name, address (URL), and then select a theme (template). Next, you need to click the “Create Blog” button to finish your initial blog setup. Don’t worry about your choices. You can change/edit them later.
Lunch your blog
Once you’ve completed the initial blog setup process, you can view your blog dashboard, like my screenshot below. Your Blogger Blog is still alive and ready to start blogging. You can check it out by clicking the “View Blog” link, or you can view it directly by typing your blog address (URL) into any web browser.
Great! You have finished creating your Google Blog. Your blog is up and running, and it’s up to you.
However, just creating a blog is not enough. There are many changes you need to make after setting up your blog. Now it’s time to improve search engine visibility and get a better user experience.
Steps to Optimize your blogger blog
You can see the “Settings” option in the left-hand panel of your blog’s dashboard. Now click here to edit something
Add Title to Your Blog
Blog titles are the part of your blog post that your readers will see, and therefore the part that’s liable for clicking on them and reading the remainder.
Add a Description for your Blog
Including a description on your Blogger blog is important, as it helps your readers and search engines understand what your blog is about. You can configure it by selecting the “Basic” Settings option under the Main Settings panel.
Choose Your Blog Language
Chose the English language because most of the articles were written in English.
Show Warning of Adult Content
Its current rules allow adult content on Blogger, “including photos or videos that contain nudity or sexual activity”, but Blogger’s settings require the blog to be marked as ‘Adult’. Blogs marked as oak are placed behind the ‘adult content’ warning when users access them.
Add Google Analytics for blog
You can use analytics to seek out where your readers come from and what they need to read on your blog. Learn more about analytics.
Add a Favicon to your blog
A “favicon” is the small icon showing the left of a visited website’s URL during a Web browser’s address bar or on the web Search. Many websites use a custom favicon as a way of adding a knowledgeable touch. Google’s blogging platform allows its users to display favicons to promote brand their blogs.
Turn on visibility on Search Engines
By turning on (visible to the search engine) your blog will come in search of the Search engine.
Blog Address, Custom Domain and Redirect Domain
In blogger go to Settings | Basic -> Publishing -> add a custom domain -> Switch to advanced settings then enter the URL of your domain name and save it.
Now, your blog will be facilitated by a blogger however on its area name. Your old Blogspot sub-area will divert to your new domain name.
You may likewise need to get your blog off of Blogger to an alternate host. In case that is the situation, you can set it up at another host now and import the entirety of your substance. Then, at that point, you can point your DNS records from Google
Enable HTTPS on Blogger having Custom Domain
- Go to HTTPS availability and select Yes
- Go to HTTPS Redirect and Select Yes
Use an SSL Certificate/HTTPS
Before beginning the execution steps, you should know a couple of benefits of utilizing a free SSL testament (HTTPS) on a blog.
- Google has reported a site with an HTTPS association will rank better in SERP. It implies your blog will be in front of contenders.
- Your blog will be set apart as gotten according to web indexes.
- SSL endorsement empowers a protected association between your blog and guests.
- The blog looks more expert.
- Your blog won’t get the unstable association on Google Chrome and different programs. It implies you won’t spare a moment to open your blog.
Before you empower Blogger HTTPS, you should remove these things-
– You need to present your blog to Google Search Console again as your new blog URL is like https://www.yourblog.com. Remember to eliminate the current “Property” of this blog.
– You need to guarantee all picture URLs begin with HTTPS. You need to cross-really take a look at all the old posts.
– All custom blog devices ought to be checked to have SSL associations. Assuming an outsider blog contraption doesn’t have an HTTPS association, eliminate it.
– Blog traffic might be down for some days since Google will reindex it. So, you should present your blog and sitemap in Google Search Console. Remember to do likewise for other website admin instruments like Bing and so forth.
Add Meta Tags
- Enable Search Description “Yes”
- Enter the main Description of your blog
Crawlers and ordering settings
In Blogger, Crawlers and ordering status settings stay immaculate as a matter of course.
It doesn’t mean your blog will not get filed, however, it will set aside moderately more effort to file your blog entries. Crawlers will creep everything on your site including superfluous pages like chronicled pages.
Along these lines, you need to empower the Crawlers and ordering settings and tweak them. It will assist the Crawler with understanding which presents and pages on slithering, and your posts will get filed a lot quicker.
Sign in to the Blogger dashboard, and afterwards, go to the blog settings, and afterwards look down to the Crawlers and ordering settings. To begin with, you need to enable the custom robots.txt choice.
Presently, you need to add custom robots.txt, for that you need to initially produce a robots.txt record.
Find Robots.txt or site map
Only search on Google Like This:
Copy all the content given and paste it at Custom Robots.txt
The Last line is your website Sitemap
Custom robot’s header tags
When you empower the choice for custom robot’s header labels, you will see that home page labels, Archive and Search page labels, and Post and Page labels alternatives are accessible. Allow me just to clarify the implications of those labels.
- all: it implies there aren’t any limitations for crawlers to slither or list any page.
- noindex: assuming this choice is chosen for any page, the crawler can’t creep or file that page.
- nofollow: blog entries contain both inward and outside joins. Crawlers consequently slither every one of the connections on any website page, yet if you don’t need crawlers to creep any connections on any page, you need to empower this alternative.
- none: it implies both “noindex” and “nofollow” on the double.
- noarchive: it will eliminate any stored connect from search.
- nosnippet: it will stop web crawlers from showing scraps of your website pages.
- noodp: it will eliminate titles and bits from open catalogue projects like DMOZ.
- notranslate: it will stop crawlers from showing interpretations on pages.
- noimageindex: for this situation, your post will be crept and recorded, however, every one of the pictures won’t be filed.
- unavailable after: this choice serves to noindex any post after a specific time.
- Custom robot tags for the home page Enable(yes): all, noodp
- Custom robot tags for archive and search pages Enable(yes): noindex, noodp
- Custom robot tags for posts and pages Enable(yes): all, noodp
Congratulations! Your basic Blogger setting is now complete. For any query ask in comment.