Updated on March 29th, 2023
Surprisingly, Pakistan is a country where you can earn 3 to 5 thousand rupees daily from a cart of French fries in any posh area.
Its growing population and more than 70 million middle-class consumers are powerful agents that can turn innovative business ideas into reality in Pakistan.
A 9 to 5 job can be tiring and monotonous. And to be honest, most entry-level jobs don’t pay that well. You have to work for peanuts to earn a decent living for yourself.
However, to save yourself from the hassles of a tedious 9 to 5 job, you can always opt for a business venture. There are millions of business ideas, each catering to a different customer segment.
All you have to do is pick a business idea that doesn’t require a kidney to start, especially when you are new to the business. Moreover, it should be sustainable and earn a good amount of money as that is our main goal.
The good news is that we have come up with a list of business ideas you can start with little or no investment. How cool is that? Try targeting potential customers with these business ideas. We have mentioned the best business opportunities in Pakistan.
1. Real Estate Investments
First, you should know that there is no right way to define real estate investing. However, the process boils down to selling, buying, or leasing property for capital gains.
There are different types of real estate investments, but here is a list of those that are most applicable to the Pakistan property market:
Ways to invest in Real Estate Business.
- Buying files
- Buying plots for resale at higher prices
- Buying a property to rent
- Buying open land in hopes of development
2. Fast Food Restaurant
A fast food restaurant is recommended to be located in a location with a steady flow of traffic, easy parking, and proximity to other businesses, preferably near densely populated middle-income areas or apartments. Important cities like Karachi, Hyderabad, Sukkur, Larkana, Multan, Lahore, Gujranwala, Faisalabad, Sialkot, Gujarat, Rawalpindi, Peshawar, Hub and Quetta etc. are suitable for this project.
Apart from the disclaimer, project prices may depend on several factors including monthly rent payments, and asset value (kitchen, furniture and pottery) and hence will be reflected in the menu prices as well.
Proposed product mix includes Broast, burgers, sandwiches, Chinese, french fries, cole slaw and soft drinks.
Success factors of fast-food business
- Choosing the right location for a fast food outlet
- Determining the right menu and menu pricing
- Hiring experienced chefs and staff
- knowing the competition
3. Travel Agency
Travel agency business is one of the most profitable and thriving businesses with the least chance of failure. Most of the people of Pakistan have a good understanding and care about the travel agency business.
Travel agency means a company or agency that offers tourism or travel services. Travel agency services include arranging business trips, ticket bookings, hotel bookings, car rentals, tour packages, guidebooks, and tourist guides. This is one of the new business ideas in Pakistan but the growth of this sector is increasing rapidly. A travel agent is someone who knows the destination, climate, travel routes, and accommodations. He represents the travel agency and in return receives a reasonable commission. Travel agency business is the most profitable business in Pakistan today.
It is not uncommon that we all come across various travel agency offices in our housing societies. No matter where we live, we meet many people who offer tourism services. It is established that travel agency business is in great demand in our culture as we love to travel to Pakistan.
Services provided by Travel Agency
- Recommend tourism packages according to the customer’s budget.
- Packages according to the target audience such as honeymoon packages or family trips.
- Provide the best economy travel and accommodation packages.
- Make hotel reservations and discuss shared space options.
- Provide a list of popular travel destinations.
- Guide them on fun activities that can be enjoyed at the destination.
4. Digital Marketing Services
In today’s world, who doesn’t want to grow? Due to the excessive use of social media, social media platforms have emerged as the first option for mass digital promotion. Therefore, starting a small digital marketing firm is a fantastic idea.
Benefits of digital marketing as a career/business
- Gives high user engagement
- Opens up more business opportunities
- Virtual connectivity with your audience
- Relevant informational advertising campaign
- Better content strategy in marketing
5. Gym and Fitness Club
The market for gyms and health clubs in Pakistan has been growing steadily over the last decade and all cities are witnessing gyms and clubs. But still, there is good potential for quality health clubs as Pakistan is emerging as a new health-conscious society. A health and fitness club usually provides services to its members to improve their physical appearance through exercise.
Success Factors of Gym and Fitness Club
- Selection of suitable location within the housing society.
- A selection of affordable and quality machinery and equipment.
- The owner must have technical knowledge of all the services offered.
- Maintaining a clean, healthy and hygienic environment.
- Marketing and promotion through various platforms such as catalogues, outdoor advertising, flex signs, TV and cable advertising, and promotion through social media (Facebook, etc.).
6. Beauty Salon
Business Beauty salon is one of the most profitable businesses in Pakistan. The market is constantly increasing in demand for beauty salon bridal makeup, party makeup, and regular beauty services like facials, waxing, threading, rebounding, hair cutting, Pedi and manicure etc.
An average salon in Pakistan earns between 20,000-50,000 per month. Popular salons earn millions a month and are a major source of income for many women.
Things to consider while opening a Beauty Salon
- The initial cost of starting a beauty salon depends on the location.
- A beauty salon will need quality products and highly trained staff.
- If you are planning to open a beauty salon at home, the cost will be reduced.
- After opening a beauty salon in the market, the cost of the shop rent, and the security deposit will increase, but the chances of getting regular and new customers are high.
- Continuous marketing through traditional and social media accounts while offering attractive service packages.
7. Stationery Shop
There is a huge demand for stationery items in schools and colleges for study purposes. It is the most profitable business in Pakistan if the shop is in a perfect location.
The stationery also offers many baby items which in turn fetch more profit. But before you use these best business ideas in Pakistan, you need to follow the steps given below.
Stationary Business Starting Ideas
- Plan your stationery business
- Select a perfect location
- Find out the targeted market
- Set up accounts for your stationery business
- Define your stationery business brand
- Create your stationery business website
8. Agriculture and Farming
Pakistan is an agricultural country. Agriculture sector plays an important role in the economy of Pakistan. The share of agriculture department in GDP is about 19%. This business is commonly known as the art and science of animal and crop farming.
It is known as art business due to construction of farmhouses, land information, harvesting of crops etc. It is also known as science business because a farmer must know parasitology, genetics, and animal and plant pathology. For a successful agribusiness, a farmer must know the basics of medicine. He should be aware of animal and plant diseases, their treatment and maintenance of such diseases.
Profitable agriculture Business
- Agriculture Farming
- Vegetable Production
- Herb growing and Herb Medicines
- Fruit business
- Honey and Seed Production
9. Student’s hostel
In big cities, many people are in the business of running student hostels and charge Rs 3,000 to Rs 10,000 per month per student, or even more depending on the hostel’s location, proximity to educational institutions, bus stops and other amenities.
In terms of Additionally, the rental charge in student accommodation also varies based on the amenities provided, which may include attached bathrooms, Wi-Fi, security, backup power, and most importantly, availability of food.
Student’s Hostel Business Plan
- Look for a location near educational institutions, retail and corporate hubs.
- It is better to rent a two-storied house where at least 15 students can live easily.
- Provide all relevant facilities within the hostel i.e kitchen and internet service etc.
- If the rooms are big enough, you can divide them into two parts with a divider.
- Strict operating policies should be identified.
- Develop a marketing strategy and identify where you can find potential customers.
10. Fish Farming
Understanding feasibility is of utmost importance in any business. And when we are talking about the feasibility of fish farming in Pakistan, first of all we have to do a certain type of work that we are going to work. This is because different types of fish have different investment and production ratios. For example, if you are going to raise a sensitive species of fish, you will have to take care of it as much as possible which indicates a big investment.
On the other hand, if you are going to exemplify Rahu, Bam, Muraki, or other such types, you may not need a sensitive environment. The reason is that these species can adjust to any temperature and environment as well as the taste of water.
Fish Farming Basic Requirement
- Find a suitable spot in your home and dig a pond, and if you don’t have the space, find a bigger aquarium.
- Lab test your water for purity.
- Identify your market before choosing a type of fish.
- Identify frequency, supply and demand quantities etc.
- Develop a clear understanding of exactly what your budget is.
- Develop an understanding of fish feed and sources of supply.
- Decide how to get the fish to market.